Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy Holiday Weekend

Tom and I had a busy holidayish weekend this past weekend. Friday night was his Christmas party for the Pathology department at UAB. That was fun, we got to get dressed up and enjoyed dinner and drinks compliments of UAB. There was music and dancing too but I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" the DJ's choice of music!






I worked on Saturday at my second job (booooo!) but they gave all of their employees a $20 giftcard to walmart and a $5 giftcard to Starbucks (yay!) so I got to pick those up on Saturday. (Even though $5 at Starbucks buys you like 1 drink!)


On Sunday I spent the afternoon making super chewy chocolate chip cookies and Peppermint bark. I've never had peppermint bark before until Jackie sent us some in a Christmas package. Tom and I love it!! I looked up a recipe and decided to experiment. It was actually quite time consuming to make! It sounds easy, but it's not!





Sunday night we went to a Christmas Pops concert at the Alabama Theatre. It was really cool and the perfect amount of time. (aka not too long!) A friend at work had extra tickets so I'm glad we were able to go. I think our favorite part was the organ at the beginning. It comes out of the floor and the guy played it while people were finding their seats. When he was finished playing and it was time for the orchestra to start he kept playing while the organ went down into the floor. That was kinda funny. The concert ended with a Transiberian Orchestra song so we enjoyed that as well.




Disclaimer: This isn't my picture, just one off the internet. I forgot to bring my camera!!!

No comments: