Monday, September 30, 2013

Sew crafty

I busted out the sewing machine the other weekend to work on a few projects and it's been sitting out ever since. Adam was taking longer naps during the day (that has since changed again) so I was able to work on a few things here and there.

Below are some pics of my latest projects. I also resized a cute T shirt that was too big for me, made a T-shirt bag out of an old shirt, and started a onesie for Adam out of an old shirt. The onesie is going to take some concentration to finish, so I'll have to wait until I have a good chunk of time. 

I found more remnant PUL at JoAnn so I made a 3rd large and small wet bag for us. I'm learning it's nice to have 3 of things that get soiled/need laundered because one will inevitably get peed/pooped/puked on while the other is sitting in the laundry basket waiting to be washed.
Large wet bag
Small wet bag for the diaper bag

Our rocker/recliner/glider has been great, but I've been constantly shoving blanket rolls behind my head to use as a pillow. I have a lot of fabric leftover from what I used to make the crib skirt, so I decided to make a pillow (with an invisible zipper).  It looks pretty lumpy because I had just stuffed it before taking this pic, but it's a little more calm now that it's been used for a week or so.
Pillow for the rocker that matches the cribskirt
Pillow again on the chair.  It matches his quilt too :)

And finally I found that I like using the small flannel wipes I made better than the large ones (for now - I'm sure as his messes get bigger the bigger ones will come in handy). So I made some more with some scraps I had lying around.  That's why they're all different sizes ;)
More flannel wipes made from scraps

No comments: