Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday Morning Soccer

One of the main reasons Tom and I moved to a different apartment a little over a year ago was the view. In our first apartment, we looked out on the parking lot and another apartment building ~30 feet away. Now we look out on a field and more land and in the very far distance, a church.



Earlier this spring construction crews started working on the field across from us and we (okay, mainly I) became very nervous that something ugly and annoying was going to be built right across from us. Much to our delight, they were making a soccer field. Every Saturday morning and sometimes in the evenings during the week there are kids out there playing soccer. It's been nice to sit on the balcony, sip some coffee, and enjoy some kids running in circles around a ball (or doing cartwheels like I used to do ;).




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to do cartwheels during soccer, too! That's when my mom put me in gymnastics instead :)