Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Vacation Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a restful and filling Thanksgiving break. I know that I absolutely needed a break, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

Thursday I woke up and immediately went to CVS to score a ton of stuff for practically free...you can read all about that here. After my crazy calmed down, I got back from CVS, we enjoyed coffee and a favorite breakfast casserole that I had thrown together the night before. I cooked our turkey and whipped up a few delicious Thanksgiving staples in between watching football and relaxing on the couch.

Thanksgiving night we had a massive Pre-Black Friday FAIL all because of a stupid tiny baby food processor. A few years ago I bought one from Walmart on Black Friday and it quickly became one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It died a month or so back, so I figured I would wait until Black Friday to see if Walmart would have it on sale again. They did, and so we trekked out to what turned out to be not really the best neighborhood in Chicago Thursday at 10 pm to try to get the food processor. We severely underestimated the insanity of Walmart in Chicago on Black Friday. We couldn't even get into the parking lot, so Tom dropped me off and waited a few blocks away. I can't even begin to describe the chaos that was happening in the store, but somehow I managed to circle the whole store twice (in 40 minutes) and couldn't find a single baby food processor :( So we went home empty handed.

After that debacle, I was a little weary of going to Home Depot Friday morning to get some $0.99 white pointsettas that I had my eye on, but was pleasantly suprised to find it pretty quiet at 8 am. I was excited with my Christmas decor purchase and love our decorated mantle.


Friday afternoon we relaxed, watched more football, and I made some of our all time favorite meals (and extras to freeze) with our leftovers. Curious what they are? Pioneer Woman's Chicken Turkey Pot Pie and Paige's Best Ever Chicken Turkey Noodle Soup. Also, it turns out that Friday night is an excellent time to go to Dominicks and Costco, in case you're in the Chicago area next Thanksgiving weekend :)


Saturday we woke up early and went to Ikea to pick up a new rug for our office. It's the same one we have in our bedroom, just a different color. We love it so much, but I think Bailey loves it the most, especially when the sun shines through the office window (since she thinks she's a cat).


The rest of Saturday night and all day Sunday were spent watching even more football, organizing some out of control areas, cleaning up my giant cooking messes (thanks Tom!!) and enjoying being home and able to relax. Hope everyone had a great break!!

No comments: