Friday, November 30, 2012

Goodbye November! Thanksgiving & City Dog Parks

Oops, somehow November crept past me without many blog updates!  We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving just the two of us (and Bailey).  Somehow I didn't take a single picture of the day, which is very unlike me. We had our classic herb roasted turkey, mom's oyster casserole recipe, stuffing, potatoes, and homemade gravy.  And of course I made two of our favorites with all of the leftovers: Best Ever Turkey Noodle Soup and Pioneer Woman's "Turkey" Pot pie.  Yum.

I don't know if you remember Marietta, but our friend Jess's sister adopted her, so we met up with Jess and Mar at a local dog park.  Bailey was weird the whole time, and didn't run around like a crazy dog and lead all the other dogs on the Basenji 500 like she usually does. She didn't even go sit behind the bench when she was tired, and she kept hanging out with an Asian couple, I guess she thought they were her parents?  I think she was so weird because there wasn't any grass at the park, so she didn't have as much traction to run all around.  Ahhhh, gotta love city dog parks, right?

Being weird all by herself

Mar and her new friend being lazy

Getting to know each other, as dogs do (LOVED the little puppy! He was so cute!)





No comments: