Sunday, June 17, 2012

What we've been up to lately...

I feel like I should do another garden update...it seems as though all of our plants took off over the past week.  And we think that we have finally solved the mystery of Mystery Plant. We think he is Dill. Which would be cool because I like dill.  But I've decided not to bore you with only plants.
Anyways we've done a few things the past week or so and I remembered to snap some pics.  Our new hospital has officially moved and our name has officially been changed.  We went to the CMH Closing Celebration and enjoyed some awesome free food from vendors around the old hospital. The weather was perfect and they did a great job making sure there were enough seats, food, drinks, etc.  I didn't really feel super sad about it since 1) I didn't work in inpatient here so I don't really have any memories in the old hospital, 2) I actually am not really being affected by the move as our outpatient locations are not moving, and 3) I've only been here a year and a half. 
Goodbye Celebration

Friday I had some errands to run but I managed to stop by the lake a little bit north of my usual spot for lunch.  I found a cute little spot that wasn't too populated and enjoyed some rays and the view.

I think we need to win the lottery and buy a place with a view of the lake.  I'm a tad obsessed.
Recently we went over to our friend Jess's place for one of her infamous Game Nights.  Now, you all know how I feel about games, but I think I'm starting to come around (as long as no one makes me play Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly).  We played a really fun game, Telestrations. After we finally figured out how to play, we had a blast.  Basically everyone gets a booklet and picks a phrase from a card.  You write the phrase down and then pass the book to the person next to you.  The person next to you then has to draw that phrase, and then you pass the books again and the next person has to guess what the phrase would be based on your drawing. You keep going until you have gone full circle. It was pretty hilarious to see some of the drawings and guesses.  I wish I had snapped a pic of my "zoo" drawing (which Tom guessed accurately by the way)!

Any guesses on Jess's artwork?  I bet you weren't thinking toilet paper roll.  Yeah, that's what she was trying to draw.

 We also visited with Marietta, a sweet 6 year old dog that Jess is fostering. I'm really hoping that someone wants to adopt her, because she is such a good dog and obviously had a tough life before she ended up in the shelter.  (Jess if you're reading this she is the perfect dog for you!!!)
"Someone PLEASE adopt me!"

Marietta and Tom were instant buddies

She loved to give me her paw and was always trying to hold hands!!!  Such a sweetie!

No comments: