Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Some updates on our little family

Yes, we're still alive...barely (just kidding).  Adam will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and we are still adjusting to life with this adorable newborn and this *awesome* new level of sleep deprivation.  I'm kind of hoping a magic flip will switch at the 6 week mark and things will get better (just humor me and don't burst my bubble on this one, okay? ;)  We have our morning routine down pat, but the rest of the day is a free for all.  Tom's been back at work for a week, and I feel like he gets even less sleep than I do. We've had a few visitors and gotten out a little bit (mostly for appointments or walks around the neighborhood), but any little bit helps. 

Adam is a champion eater and has already passed the 10 pound mark.  I'm continuing to feel better but am not quite 100% yet. And this morning I picked up my little chunker the wrong way and hurt my back :(  I've been taking it easy (as easy as I can) and am really hoping it doesn't end up in an all out flare, because that would just be awful.  Bailey should win the dog of the year award.  She's so good around Adam, all she does is try to sniff his head (or butt). 

Here are a few more pics from the past couple of weeks. He's so darn cute (I know, I'm biased) I can't help but post a ton of pictures :)

First carrier experience: 11 days old



First walk: 12 days old
2 am at our house
First playdate with Ben who was born on the same day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well hi Buddy!!! Such a Cutie. I am working on finishing his baby afghan. I'll need an address confirmation to make sure it gets to him (and you).