Friday, June 20, 2014

Beach Getaway

Last weekend we went on an overnight trip to Michigan City, IN to visit with my Aunt Shirley and Uncle George, and my cousins Laurel and Nic.  They rented a house for a long weekend and were gracious enough to invite us along.  It was Adam's first long car ride and overnight getaway but he did great and had a blast! 

We got there Saturday morning and Adam did great in the car. The house was suuuuuuper cute and there was a putting green and little pond with a fountain right behind the house.  We all went out to the putting green while Aunt Shirley fixed lunch.  Tom and Uncle George putted some golf balls while Laurel and I watched Adam do morning yoga and pose for the camera.


Saturday afternoon everyone went on a tour lead by my cousin Nic who works at the Indiana Dunes.  Adam and I stayed behind so he could nap, and surprisingly he took a really great nap, so I relaxed on the screened in porch with a Rosa.   It was kind of amazing to have some "me" time and not have to fold a pile of laundry or do dishes or bill or cook dinner or or or any of the other things I usually have waiting for me at home when Little Bud naps! 
Coasters = best baby toy
He was mesmerized by the ceiling fan
After everyone got back and Adam woke up, we headed to the beach and the pool. There was a super cute wagon that Adam enjoyed riding in down to the beach.  He was kind of indifferent about his first experiences in the lake, waves, and the sand.  He liked cuddling on Daddy in the lake.  And he loved splashing in the pool!! 
 




A couple of Laurel's friends joined us for the rest of the evening. We had a delicious dinner compliments of my Aunt Shirley.  Since Adam was asleep for the night and Aunt Shirley wanted to stay back at the house to prep dessert, we took advantage of the opportunity and went along with everyone down to the beach for the sunset.  It was beautiful but unfortunately I don't have any pictures because I, um, *ahem* dropped my phone in the lake earlier in the afternoon :(  It was in rice and has since recovered nicely so no worries :) 

After returning from the beach/sunset, we enjoyed an early Father's Day cake for Tom and Uncle George.  Then played a game that I am currently blanking on the name (will update as soon as I remember!)  Sunday morning we enjoyed breakfast and a few walks around the beach community before heading back to Chicago.  On the way home we enjoyed listening to our friend Paige's new band's cd, The Salty Caramels. Adam liked it too ;)



No comments: