Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Kickball!!

That's right, Tom and I are playing on a kickball team! We're playing through UAB Intramurals. We're not sure if I'm really "allowed" to play because I don't really have any affiliation with UAB except through Tom, but I am able to use their gym b/c I live with Tom (a UAB student) so I get a campus card, and that is all I need to play intramurals apparently. Anyways, we were supposed to have our first pre-season game last night, but the other team forfeited so we just scrimmaged ourselves. It was really fun! Although I have this huge welt on my shin just above my ankle from kicking the ball! I even have a bruise already! Hopefully it will heal by next week! Birmingham also has a kickball team that gets together the first Sunday of every month...I think there is a 2 beer limit....but I could just be making that up :) Anyways it's supposed to be 72 degrees here today! Not that I would know since I'm cooped up in the hospital all day ;P But I'm hoping to go for a run outside after work today....I'm very much looking forward to daylight savings time so it will be light out longer and easier to run outside after work. Although I must say I will miss that hour of sleep that I will be losing this weekend!


P.S. Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad from March 4th!!

No comments: