Sunday, March 11, 2007

Red Nose Ball II & Quad rugby

We had a blast last night at the Red Nose Ball! (See last post if you don't know what I'm talking about). They must have raised so much money for Camp Smile-A-Mile. They had 50 items for the live auction! And they had a puppy there that they were auctioning off! It was so cute! A labrador retriever (if it was a border collie, Tom and I would probably be in significant debt right now!) Having the puppy there was such a smart move on their part. They were carrying it around during the silent auction and brought it up on stage during the live auction. Guess how much it went for????? $9,000!!!!!!!!!! Nine thousand dollars! Can you believe it?! I'm sure they raised an easy $100,000 for the camp between the two auctions. It was really amazing. Here's a picture of me and Tommy with our red noses on before dinner :)


We also stopped by The Lakeshore Foundation yesterday to watch some quad rugby. It was really cool! Most of the people who were playing had a spinal cord injury, but there was this one guy who was a quadruple amputee and he was awesome! One of the other guys who works (and plays) at Lakeshore came to talk to us at our PT/OT retreat this spring. He also happens to be a quad amputee and he starred in the movie Murderball. I keep hearing about this movie...I'd recommend it to you but I haven't even seen it myself yet! They showed parts of it at the SCI conference in Atlanta last week. Tom and I really just need to rent it!
I've blogged a lot this week! Maybe I should take a break to let everyone get caught up :)

No comments: