Monday, May 07, 2007

Crawfish Boil

Finally! We are almost unpacked! We just have some of the little stuff to unpack (you know, the stuff that everyone saves for last and then gets too lazy to organize and put it in it's place and it ends up as "clutter"). :) I'll post some pics of the new place soon. It's pretty much the same layout as the old place, except it has a HUGE storage space right off of the kitchen and an extra large balcony. And it's in the back of the complex so we look out onto a field instead of another apartment building 30 feet away. AND it faces west so I get to see the sunset (how I miss that view from my Philly apartment!) Like I said earlier, the layout is very similar, except it's on the left side of the stairs instead of the right (like the old apartment) so everything is backwards! Minor things, like how we had things set up in the kitchen, I keep wanting to reach to the left for the dish detergent but since the layout is flipped we now keep the detergent on the right. And the washer and dryer got flipped around so now you have to like squeeze into the tiny laundry room first before you can open the dryer door. Anyways, I am *NOT* complaining, it's just kind of funny/weird ;) Pictures soon, I promise.

This weekend we went to Birmingham's annual Crawfish Boil. It was Friday evening/night and Saturday afternoon/night. There were a bunch of bands (Soul Asylum, Papa roach, akon, hinder, cracker, Collective soul, fuel, and Barenaked Ladies to name a few). And we just sat outside, enjoyed the music and a few cold ones, and I ate some crawfish! They are kind of scary looking and I actually screamed by accident when they gave me my plate and one fell out! But our friend Brian showed me how to eat them (you only eat the tail, who knew?) and they were actually quite yummy! Pics are below!





No comments: