Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Super Bowl Day!

Even though I could absolutely care less about who wins. The only thing that would make it worse would be if the cowboys were in it. And I am actually dreading the commercials this year (not that I was ever a *huge* fan of them before). It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how much money is spent for just 30 seconds of advertisement. Imagine what this country could do with HALF of the money that is being spent on commercials tonight. Sickening.

OK, enough complaining :) We're going to a friend's place to watch the game. They're having their 2nd annual "Souper" Bowl party. I'm making broccoli salad. Sounds healthy, but trust me, it's not ;) I worked yesterday at my second job. It was actually fun and I got out early (although that's not necessarily a good thing when you're paid by the hour!) Tom was in lab literally all day yesterday and he's been there all afternoon today. He's been working so hard and he'll be able to take his qualifying exam sometime in March. After that it's smooth sailing until we move back home ;)

I'm going to Nashville on Wednesday for the APTA's Combined Section Meeting. I'm pretty excited because
1) I don't have to set foot on a plane
2) We're staying at the Opryland Resort and
3) There is actually a decent amount of programming on pediatric oncology

Finding any continuing education on pediatric oncology related to physical therapy has been next to impossible. I'm really hoping to get a lot out of it! We come back Saturday afternoon and then Sunday morning Tom and I are running the Mercedes Marathon as a relay with 3 other people. (Both of our legs are 6.2 miles). I'm looking forward to the free beer and Jim 'N Nick's after the race :D

The weekend after that (2 weeks from now) my parents are coming to visit! It's going to be a Southern filled weekend for sure! Y'all check back now, ya' hear? ;)

No comments: