Sunday, January 11, 2009

How I became a Philadelphia Eagles fan

Growing up in Central Pennsylvania, it really could have gone either way. I was born into a family that was indifferent about professional sports.

Mainly because they are such huge Penn State fans. So naturally, I became a Penn State fan too.

Fastforward many years and I end up going to Penn State (imagine that)! Essentially Penn State is comprised of 49% Philly fans and 49% Pittsburgh fans, with 2% in the "Other" category. This is where I decided I wanted to go to Physical Therapy school. Before deciding exactly which school I wanted to go to, I worked at a summer camp north of Pittsburgh for a summer.
Pittsburgh was fun enough, but I always imagined myself moving to Philly. So after my summer in Pittsburgh, I applied to PT school in Philly, and got accepted.
Then I met Tom :)


Then I moved to Philly and met Tom's friends.

Then I made some new friends at PT school who also happened to be Eagles fans.

Then I married Tom.

Then we went to a bunch of games.


And by the time the Superbowl rolled around I was a die-hard Eagles fan with the best of them!!

After living in Philly for a few years, I even got to "rub elbows" with some of the players!


Then, the Eagles themed gifts started coming, and the rest was history!


The End.

No comments: