Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Apples and Baking

Fall is my favorite time of the year to bake. I love the smell that fills the house and I enjoy being in the kitchen making baked goodies. We bought a bag of apples at the apple orchard in Georgia so I've been able to start baking already!

I made 2 recipes from my last Taste of Home magazine and another from allrecipes.com. The first one was called Crisscross Apple Crowns and is pictured below. Yum! Baked apples wrapped in dough brushed with butter and cinnamon. I used pecans instead of walnuts and left out the raisins. One week for dinner last night I made sauteed apples to go along with our main course. They could be eaten at any time of the day...breakfast, lunch, dinner, OR dessert! They were so good we ate them all before I could get a picture!

On Saturday I made Slow-cooked Stuffed Apples at Stacy's house while we watched football. They were scrumptious, I highly recommend caramel topping to go with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! Brian and I are going to the apple orchard this weekend. I see much baking in our future.