Sunday, September 19, 2010

Moving is stressful

Um, duh. As if everyone doesn't already know that. But I'm really stressed out!! Part of it is coming from finding a place to live. Thankfully I've gotten some good advice from friends of friends, but I kind of tend to obsess over things until they are finalized, and, obviously, where we are living is not yet finalized (aside from the Greater Chicago Area).

The other part that is causing me stress is my GIANT "To-Do" list that seems to keep growing. The reason it's so big is because I want to go through ALL of our stuff now and sort everything out into "Keep" "Give away" "Sell" or "Throw Away/Recyle" piles. This is a huge undertaking, but I know that as it gets closer to our actual move date I won't have time to do this. Also, it should make the actual packing and unpacking process A LOT smoother. When the time comes to pack, I can do just that, pack. I won't have to sort through stuff or decide if I want to take it with us to Chicago. And when we unpack once we get there (in a house yet to be determined), we will have only things we want and need. We won't have 10 random "junk" boxes or "garage" boxes because I refuse to bring unused/unwanted items with us.

Other than organizing and searching the internet for a house like a crazy woman, this weekend was pretty good :) Friday night we went to On Tap with Tom's lab. His friend Ben got a job where he can use his PhD and hunt/fish so he will be leaving Birmingham pretty soon. Saturday we hung out and watched football all day. (And by "watched football" I mean "occasionally looked at the television when my eyes started hurting from looking at the computer screen while searching for a place to live").

No comments: