Sunday, May 22, 2011

Relaxing, Impromptu Freezer Cooking Day, Fun with the Neighbors

This weekend was great. It was the perfect mix of productivity, relaxation, and fun. We accomplished A LOT on Saturday...mostly "catch up" stuff that had been piling up for weeks. But I dove in and took care of it all. Saturday night we relaxed on the balcony. It was nice enough to sit outside, but cool enough to actually enjoy it. I pretended like I was on vacation (as you read about here). It was perfect.

Sunday I ran a few errands in the morning (my new favorite drink...Izze's....were on sale at CVS so I made sure to stock up) and then I had an inpromtu freezer cooking day in the afternoon. I made 2 recipes of Pioneer Woman's pie crusts (which makes 4 crusts), followed by 2 broccoli quiches (we had a lot of eggs we needed to use up) and a ham pot pie and a chicken pot pie. I had a tiny bit of pie crust left over, so instead of throwing it away I decided to make a mini dessert pie. I baked the crust, and then mixed frozen strawberries and some whipping cream in the blender and stuck it in the freezer for an hour. Yum!

Sunday night we grilled out with all of our neighbors and it was a blast! Everyone in the building is "normal" (compared to some of our previous and surrounding neighbors). We sat in the yard and enjoyed stories, beverages, and the smell of everything grilling. I think it's going to be a good summer.........

No comments: