Saturday, January 07, 2012

Some Project Goals

So I feel as though I'm a pretty goal oriented person, however I have kind of been slacking on my monthly goals for the past, oh I don't know, year and a half! I think I've been a little hesitant to keep up with my monthy goals because I have a tendency to put too much on my plate and then stress out when I don't accomplish all of it, even if there aren't "real" deadlines associated with it.

With the new year comes my rejuvination for being organized and productive, and with being organized and productive comes (my favorite) lists! I thought about making a weekly post with one project goal that I would like to accomplish each weekend, but again I don't want to put any time constraints on this and the last thing I need to do is stress out over it. So here is my list of weekend projects that I hope to complete over the next few months (some obviously sooner than others).


  • Take down the Christmas tree

  • Put away Christmas decorations

  • Go through stuff and make another trip to Good Will

  • Organize coat closet (This should probably be done before the Good Will trip)

  • Reorganize 2 of our kitchen cabinets and find homes for everything (just about everything) that has been living on the countertop for the past month

  • Go through my file drawer

  • Move my desk contents over to Tom's our desk (we consolidated to 1 computer)

  • Decorate for Valentine's Day

  • Plan and cook meals for February vacation

  • Inventory the freezer contents

  • Plan meals for upcoming busy week nights

5 comments:

Kajal said...

Good luck! I've made a similar list, and it's rewarding as I check each thing off.

dmfung said...

Anne -

I lost your email address in the move back to California!! I will be in Chicago for CSM Feb 8-11. Maybe we can meet up and hang out. Let me know if you're available.

dmfung said...

The above message is from Dorothy. Your student from Children's in Birmingham 2 summers ago.

ALB said...

Kajal - Thanks! I've already thought of a few more things for the list.

Dorothy! Hi! I think I still have your email address. We definitely need to meet up!

dmfung said...

I don't know if I can still get email at that email address. Send it to me at the above screen name @gmail.com!!!