Saturday, February 11, 2012

CSM in Chicago = Busy Week!

This week was crazy busy, but very fun. Over 10,000 PT's flooded Chicago this week for our national PT conference (Combined Sections Meeting). This week was probably one of the busiest work week's I've had in over a year too, so I'm so thankful for having this weekend to recover and rejuvinate!

Monday night I went downtown to have dinner with my director from Children's in Bham. We ate at the Atwood Cafe. It was fancy schmancy and quite delicious. I got the scoop on what's been going on since I left and updates on how all of my coworkers in Bham are doing. (I miss you guys if you're reading this!!)

Thursday night I went downtown (for the 2nd time that day - first time was to tour our new Children's Hospital...more on that later), to meet Curry and Julie (friends from PT school) and attend our Drexel alumni reception. It was so great to catch up with Curry and Julie (I wish we had more time to talk!) and to chat with some professors as well. Here's a pic of us from Thursday night, (with one of our Ortho professors) and then below that is a pic from the last time we were all at CSM together. 2005 in New Orleans...SEVEN years ago! I can't even believe that was 7 years ago.

Friday night Tom and I both went back downtown (yes, the 4th time in one week...normally I go downtown like once/month if that!) to meet one of my favorite (Hi Dorothy!) former PT students. We enjoyed a (couple) beverages at Rock Bottom Brewery (Thanks Dorothy!) and then went to Xoco for dinner. It was packed and delicious and the perfect place to catch up with Dorothy and escape from the snow for a little while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne (and Tom)!!

Thank you for coming out to meet me and having drinks and dinner with me. I feel blessed to have such awesome people in my life. See you on FB! Call me if you're ever in SF. Thanks again for dinner and have an amazing vacation in a couple of weeks! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Dorothy

ALB said...

Thanks Dorothy!! So good to see you too! Wish we had longer to catch up!!