Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tom and I celebrated Valentine's day Saturday night...really, just an excuse to eat pizza and bake cookies :) We were going to do our usual Pizza Hut dinner date, but decided to make a homemade heartshaped pizza instead. I had some of Pioneer Woman's pizza dough frozen in the freezer (well, my pizza dough, her recipe) and so we made artichoke, chicken, pesto & mozzarella pizza. Yum.

10 Years ago, Tom and I had only been dating a few months and he was living in Pottstown doing a co-op and I was still at Penn State. I drove down to visit him for the weekend and made him heart shaped cookies with little phrases on them like the Candy Hearts. I had some leftover sugar cookie dough from my Christmas Baking extravaganza, so we decided to make heart cookies again. They are so good! We were kind of in a hurry when we were decorating them because we just wanted to eat them, so you'll have to excuse the fact that it looks like they were iced by a four year old :)

No comments: