Friday, April 06, 2012

Happy week

This was a good week. Life in general has been a little off lately, so it's so lovely when I have a really good week :)

It all started last Saturday when my cousin Laurel came into the city for the day. She is thinking about moving here, so we spent the day checking out different neighborhoods, doing a little shopping, catching up, and eating and drinking some good wine. We went off of a friend's recommendation for lunch, and checked out Nohea Cafe in Roscoe Village. The sandwiches were good, but there were too many undisciplined kids running around the joint for my taste (which is pretty typical of the neighborhood). For dinner we decided to take advantage of a Groupon Now deal at a sushi place (Umi) that is walkable from our apartment. I wasn't sure what to expect but it ended up being amazing! The restaurant was really cute, the waitress we had was even cuter (I wanted to keep her in my pocket!), and the sushi was amazing!


In other good news my new schedule got approved, so I'll be spreading 6 extra hours over two weeks and having every other Friday off. I'm on a "trial period" of the schedule for 3 months beginning mid-May, and as long as my productiivity stays high (which I will guarantee it will) then I'll be able to keep my schedule. Although I kind of have a feeling that once I get a taste of having a few Fridays off a month, I'm going to want to cram in the extra hours and have every Friday off. We shall see. Thankfully my work is pretty flexible and I'm so glad I have the freedom to play around with my schedule.

In other exciting news I finally get to hang out with Tom this weekend! AACR (a major cancer conference) was this past week in Chicago so Tom was gone 12+ hours every day of the conference. It was so wonderful that he didn't have to travel out of town but I really didn't get to see him much! So I imagine our weekend should look something like this........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmmmmm sushi