Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ahhhhhmazing baby finds

Okay, so I promised myself I wouldn't turn every single blog post into a baby related post, but this was just too great not to post about! 

I had big sewing plans this weekend. I did, in fact, make a crib skirt and start a changing pad cover (and washed fabric for a boppy cover). Pics to come when projects are completed/rooms are put together.

So I didn't get to all of my sewing because a friend from work randomly saw a flyer for a "Children's Garage Sale" at a church down the street.  We decided we would go check it out, there were some random things we each have been searching for.  We waited in a little line, paid $1 to get in, and then spent almost 2 hours walking around the school gymnasium getting some amazing deals!!! 

After our shopping spree we grabbed some lunch at D'Agostino's, home of delicious pizza, by the way.  I spent the rest of the afternoon vigorously disinfecting, cleaning, and washing all of my finds, but it was so worth it!!!  Okay, onto the goods!!
They had sooo much stuff!!! I can't wait to go back next year!
We had to sit down on the floor and go through our bags to figure out what we wanted and didn't want

And on the way out they had several tables full of free stuffed animals. I grabbed a few for B. Here she is with her new guinea pig
The grand haul.  $42 well spent!
My splurge: A $15 bjorn!!
This is quite possibly the greatest toy ever. We have 2 at work and the babies LOVE them!! They are constantly in use, and Leap Frog doesn't make them anymore.  I've been stalking ebay for an affordable one...but you can't beat $1!!!!

2 more baby approved favorite work toys
Bailey was being SO WEIRD when I was washing and cleaning everything.  Even with her new toy, I think she knew something was up.  She was all mopey and then went and balled up under the table. I hope she's not weird like this when the baby comes.


A "Dude" Diaper bag!!!  For $2!!!!!! How "Tom" is this bag?!
There were a few items of clothing I got that were new with tags. This was too cute to pass up!
I sure hope this sale is annual, because I can't wait to go back next year!!! They had a lot of stuff for older kids too, but I didn't even look through it because I figured I should just get stuff that I need for the next year.  Although I did get quite a few books. You can't have too many books :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can never have too many books.

ALB said...

I knew you would agree ;)