Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY Changing Pad Cover and Matching Plushies!!!

I was able to finish my changing pad cover from last weekend. I love it!!!  Lovely pinterest gave me the idea to make a matching "stay busy toy" with the extra fabric that you cut out from the corners. I had enough fabric to make two toys! I decided to add little taggies, because, babies love taggies, and I stuffed them with fabric scraps I had been hanging onto for such an occasion (so completely machine washable! Which is a good thing since they are intended for use while changing diapers!) 

I used mainly this tutorial for the cover, which, btw, was waaaay easier than making the stuffed taggie toys! I used this as a guide for the giraffe, this for a pattern, and I drew my own pattern for the elephant (that's why one of his legs is fatter than the other leg. grrrrr)!  I also messed up on one of the elephant's "spout" ribbons. It was such a tricky area to sew and I only caught part of the ribbon in the machine. I had the idea to try to topstitch it on, but didn't think it would work so I didn't bother to use matching thread (now I wish I would have).  Oh well, they are solely to entertain Baby B while we try to master changing cloth diapers, so I think they will suffice :)







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute

Unknown said...

PS I'm still throwing my vote in to name baby B (TB3) just saying.

ALB said...

Haha, thanks Kel. TB3 would be a fun nickname :)

ALB said...

Hahaha, I just told Tom about your vote and he said "Tuberculosis III"