Monday, October 28, 2013

Sew Crafty: A Baby Football Blanket

One of my favorite middle-of-the-night-nursing-pasttimes is to browse Pinterest.  Recently I came across this post for a football baby blanket, and knew instantly I had to make one!  I made two (with plans to make a third for Adam), one for our friends Joe and Laura who are huge Eagles fans and just had a baby, and one for our friend Stacy who had a baby ahem several months ago (but it's just now football season!!)

And just an FYI if anyone decides to make this - you don't actually need a whole yard of fabric like the tutorial says. As long as your fabric is 44" x 30" you should be fine!  (I'm glad I thought to look into this, otherwise I would have wasted a lot of brown minky!) 

Joey's Eagles Football Blanket
Laine's Alabama Football Blanket (So weird having Alabama fabric in our house!)

A handsome model on the football blanket :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute....you know LLC and her mom are going to love the Roll Tide blanket. Congrats to your friends Joe and Laura (they came to B'ham for a visit correct??). I'm wondering if I can scale it up and make myself one :)

ALB said...

Kel I KNEW you would want an adult sized one! It would be pretty cozy :)
Good memory on Joe and Laura! They did come to Bham and Joe was the best man in our wedding.