Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas-y Adventures

Wow, I've been terrible about actually writing anything on the blog except for a few photo descriptions. I'll try to be better, I want to be better this coming year!

A few weeks ago my parents came out to visit for the weekend. Adam warmed up to them a lot faster than a few months ago.  He enjoyed floor time playing with my dad and snuggles with my mom.  We went downtown on Saturday to check out the Christkindlmarket, now an annual tradition for Tom and I and we knew my parents would enjoy it. It was freezing (16 degrees!!) so I bundled up Adam the best I could and wrapped him. He fell asleep soon after we got there and didn't wake up until we went into the warming tent to warm up! We enjoyed some spiced wine and brats while Mom and Dad walked around checking out the different booths.


This past weekend we hosted the 2nd annual Neighbor Holiday Party (3rd if you count Sweatpants NYE of 2011).  I was super excited to hang out because last year I was so so nauseous and exhausted the whole night.  It ended up being kind of a bust because some of our neighbors had to leave early and the others fizzled out soon after (the new neighbors have two little kiddos).  Tom and I enjoyed some downtime, a clean apartment, and lots of yummy snacks the rest of the evening, so I guess it wasn't a complete bust ;)
We also went to the Lincoln Park Zoo Lights this weekend.  We had been once before when we first moved here, but hadn't been back since.  One of my work friends who just had a baby in October invited us so we thought it would be fun to meet up with them and get out of the house.  Well, it coincided with nap time, so it was a little hectic getting out of the house. Adam fell asleep in the car ride there (third time ever he's fallen asleep in the car!).  We spent forever waiting to park and FINALLY were able to meet up with my friend.  We walked around, got some spiced wine, looked for sleeping monkeys, and that about sums it up.  There was some kind of power outage (which is pretty ironic considering ComEd was a sponsor) and half of the lights were out, so that was kind of lame.  We have a plan in place for next year, when Adam will actually enjoy it, and we enjoyed meeting up with my friend, so all in all not a bad trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super fun times...I love the Lincoln Park zoo.