Friday, June 30, 2006

Home-sick and Tiago

So I had my first major episode of home-sickness last night. Who would have ever thought I would miss the loud Septa buses or that stench you get a whiff of walking down Chestnut Street so much! I think I've just been too busy until now for everything to sink in. We are definitely more settled now and everything is being put in it's place.

So I have more bad news for everyone who knows Tiago (our chinchilla). He most definitely has cataracts :( His eyes have been cloudy for a while and we've been trying to find a vet to take him to. When Tom lets him out of his cage to run around he like crashes into the wall and stuff....it's sad. But he seems pretty happy still when he's in his cage. And of course Tom wants to get him a "friend" because he thinks it will make him feel better. So we're going to have 2 chinchillas it looks like. I feel like it's going to be a never ending cycle because when Tiago dies then our new chinchilla will need a buddy because she's so used to having Tiago. (The average lifespan for chinchillas is 9-11 years). I want to get a border collie (which we probably will get after Christmas) but Tom doesn't think that Tiago and our new puppy will be friends. We'll see ;) Here's a pic of the little guy....awwwww







Oh yeah, my birthday is on Sunday....Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeee :)

No comments: