Saturday, July 01, 2006

Breadwinner

Ok, so I have to post this and do some complaining! Maybe it's just a southern view on women, or it could me a married thing, but I'm about damn tired of everyone looking to "the man" when we are buying/interested in something! I am a working woman and quite frankly, I want to enjoy my short but temporary (until Tom is finished with grad school) title as bread winner! His name is first on the car lease, first on our bank account, and the ONLY name on our insurance cards!! Shouldn't my name be on those at least??? We were at (pre-birthday) dinner tonight (which was awesome) and ordered a bottle of wine and the guy poured it in Tom's glass first and let him taste it. Ok, I admit I am by no means a wine connoisseur....but I know you swirl it first, then smell it, then sip it.......I wanna taste it first! WHATEVER! AND the other day when we were out at lunch, the waiter hands the bill to Tom and goes "Here you go sir" and the waiter stands there and sees me take the bill (or "ticket" as they call it down south) and put MY debit card in it, and then when he comes back to pick it up he goes "Thank you sir" to Tom! Anyways this post makes it seem like poor Tom is who I'm complaining about and I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining about him at all.......like I said earlier, as the temporary bread winner, I would just like some RESPECT! Anyways, here is a picture of diligent Tommy, working on his paper today (while I sat by the pool and then got a pedicure....YAY birthday week :D)

No comments: