Sunday, October 22, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore!

Actually....we are. Our flight was delayed 3 hours (grrr!) so I'm blogging live from the KCI airport. Tom's best friend from home (Joe-who now lives in Kansas) got married this weekend and Tom was in the wedding. We had an absolute blast. We all stayed at this ranch (Circle S...highly recommend if you're ever in Kansas!). Anyways it was like a giant farmhouse with probably about 10-12 rooms and the wedding party, Joe & Laura, and their immediate families all stayed there. The guy that owned it was like a real cowboy too. And they cooked all of our meals there and there was an awesome hot tub in the back of the house. It was also in the middle of nowhere with no tv's and no one got cell phone reception (Imagine us trying to find out the score to the PSU game on Saturday!) Ohh yeah and they had a herd of buffalo! Apparently there was a peacock too but we didn't see him. The wedding itself was beautiful (even though it POURED rain the whole day) and the reception was a blast. The whole weekend was just amazing. The travel was (is) a pain in the butt but well worth it!

Since I missed my team run this weekend, I had to run when we got out to Kansas on Friday. I did 10 miles! Ok, also, I always hear how flat Kansas is and in my head pictured absolutely no hills, so I was pretty mad when I decided to run through Kansas University only to discover that it was ON A GIANT HILL and I almost died twice trying to run up those stupid hills! Haha, enough complaining. The university was actually really pretty and the town of Lawrence seemed pretty cool too.

As always I took a ton of pictures and I will post them on my webshots as soon as Tom and I get home and unpack and settle in(which at this point I'm not even sure we'll get home today!)

No comments: