Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fundraiser

Hi everyone. In order to raise more money for Team in Training/Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I decided to see if a local bar/restaurant would donate a portion of their proceeds from Happy Hour one night to LLS. So Jim 'N Nick's, a really yummy bar-b-q restaurant/bar down here agreed to help me out. I have been soooo busy trying to promote this event and advertise for it. I could never do this full time! It is stressing me out like crazy. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm just worried that no one will show! One of the radio stations agreed to help me out, and my Team in Training coach sent an email out to everyone on his list-serv......so I feel like at least 500 people have to know about this by now.....I'm just praying that enough will show so Jim 'N Nicks will generously donate a big portion of their proceeds to LLS!
I'm also holding a raffle at the happy hour.....so far I have a $45 gift card to Outback Steakhouse, a $20 gift card to Locos Restaurant & Bar, a $15 gift card to McAlister's, some gift cards to Planet Smoothie, & 5 free cone certificates to Ben & Jerry's. I'm only going to sell the raffle tickets for $1 each so hopefully people will buy a lot! So if you randomly happen to know anyone in Birmingham, send them to Jim 'N Nick's in Five Points this friday from 4-7!
Anyways keep your fingers crossed for me that this goes well! I'll keep you posted and let you know how the happy hour goes!

No comments: