Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's Birthday Week!!!!

With the arrival of a birthday package from Jackie and a birthday card from my friend Matt, I officially declare it the start of Birthday Week!


A little history: There are several reasons why I decided to celebrate "Birthday Week" instead of just my birthday:

1) It's more fun that way :)

2) Growing up I always had to have a "fake" birthday day during the school year since my birthday was in the summer. Also, being so close to the 4th, there were times not everyone could come to my birthday parties because of family vacations, etc. so we would get to celebrate on another day.

3) When I worked random summer jobs in high school and college, people would always celebrate birthday type things with me throughout the week (again, because of the whole 4th thing) extending my birthday celebration
4) In grad school a bunch of us had birthdays within ~1 week of each other, and we would all pick a night and go out for our Annual Birthday Extravaganza (which usually consisted of just about our entire PT class being hungover the next day in class!) Why on earth did we always go out on week nights?!



ANYWAYS! In celebration of Birthday Week, I decided to post a couple of my favorite Bday cards from the past few years. Enjoy!








And now for my favorite...............

No comments: