Sunday, June 01, 2008

Magic City Brewfest II

This weekend was the fabulous second annual Magic City Brewfest! As you all know, Tom and I love beer, so of course we were excited for a chance to sample hundreds of yummy beers. Usually, we arrive on time or slightly late to social events, but for the beer festival, we were 50 minutes early :) And thank goodness too because friends of ours waited in line for over an hour to get in (after the beer sampling had already begun!) With no further ado, Let the picture story telling begin!


Sloss Furnaces...Home to the Brewfest...and also some other historical stuff

They (finally) opened the gates! Run! Get Beer!

Brewfest

Birmingham has a brewery?! WHAT? When was someone planning on telling me this???

Me and Thomas enjoying our beers

Beer tents


Our beer sampling glasses

I ate alligator! I think that officially qualifies me as a "Southerner!" The bottom things are alligator tail. Tasted like chicken! I actually would have thought they were chicken if I didn't hear the guy serving them say what they were! And of course, there is a yummy fried green tomato above the alligator tails!

View of some of the beer tents from across the water spraying things.

View at night

No comments: