Monday, August 04, 2008

Our Weekend

This past weekend was pretty good. Friday night we helped some friends move. It was SO hot, even after the sun went down....but they lured us with free pizza and beer so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to help them :)

Saturday I worked at my second job. I got out a little early so that was a nice surprise.

Saturday night we went to a friend's welcome home party. He spent the last 2.5 years in the Peace Corp in Bolivia. I had only met him once before, at a Halloween party when I came down to visit Tom during his first year, but we hang out with his brother a lot. It was a pool party at his parents house in Mountain Brook, one of America's "nicest" communities per Wikipedia.


Sunday was a day full of errands and typical prep for the week (laundry, cooking, etc).

All in all it was a pretty good weekend :) And it's a good thing I'm finished with this blog because the kitchen timer is dinging (which means my chocolate chip quick bread is ready.......yummmmmmmm)

No comments: