Thursday, July 31, 2008

Engagement at work!

So yesterday at the end of the day, I was sitting at the 4 West nurses station, trying to force my pen to write up an eval from earlier in the day. But really I was talking to Molly (another therapist) about her soon-to-be new baby grandson and how my day had kind of sucked. (FYI - my days "sucking" = death and/or dying).

So we were sitting and talking and I was already in an emotionally frail state from previous happenings of the day, when a nurse's boyfriend came up to the desk and gave her this beautiful boquet of red roses. We were all like "Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!" "That's so sweet!" etc, etc. Then, just as we were about to go back to our conversations.....er....I mean documentation........he GETS DOWN ON ONE KNEE and proposes to her! Everyone was freaking out and I just started crying (see part about my pre-existing "frail emotional state"!) I think she was in shock because she just kept saying "What are you doing?!" but then she said "Yes" :) And the ring was gorgeous. It kinda looked like this.

No comments: