Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Paralympic Games

The 2008 Paralympic Games have officially begun! (On Saturday, actually). Unfortunately, our media stinks and is not airing the games nationally like the regular Olympics. >:o I think some people can get it on certain HD cable packages but it's definitely not easily accessible on TV. It's a shame too, because I think it's more exciting and inspiring than the regular olympics. But no worries, here is a link that you can tune into from your computer and catch some live coverage!




My co-worker's husband is the head coach for the wheelchair track team. USA is in 3rd place right now behind China and Great Brittain. Here is a link to the official Paralympic site. And you can watch previous videos and the Opening Ceremonies here. I haven't watched yet, but I heard torch-lighting was pretty amazing. Here's a pic from w/c bball. These are some scary lookin' dudes.


I highly recommend watching some w/c basketball or quad rugby if you get a chance. They are very exciting and intense sports to observe!

No comments: