Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sooooooo I think I broke my foot.......

Actually, I've self-diagnosed myself as either having posterior tibial tendonitis or a stress fracture :( But whatever it is, it hurts!! About 2 weeks ago I decided that I think I want to run the Mercedes half marathon again this February. So I decided to up my mileage with the goal of being able to run a comfortable 5 miles by the end of September. Before last week, I was running 2-3 miles (okay, 2 miles) on a regular basis. So last week I decided to try 4 miles, and felt so good I went for 5 miles, then 4 miles later in the week. On Monday I was going to run another 4 miles, but again felt so good that I went for 5. Tuesday I felt a little sore, but okay enough to still lift weights at the gym. Wednesday morning my right foot really started hurting....and got worse, and worse, and worse as the day went on. So bad that I was on crutches (job perk!) to go get some ice (another job perk!) to finally go write my notes at 5:00.

I'm hoping it will just go away and get better. I don't get hurt!! I trained for a whole marathon and didn't get hurt once! Maybe I'm just getting old ;)

I've got 2 important football games to go to in the next 10 days too! Get better foot!!!

No comments: