Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Punkin' Chunkin'


Last fall when we went home for the PSU v. Temple game we met up with our friends Carrie and John for a fun night in Philly. Carrie and John are always full of great stories, so of course they didn't let us down when they told us about their most recent adventure.....a trip to the Annual Punkin' Chunkin' Contest in Delaware.

Apparently it's this weekend long "festival" where people build all kinds of contraptions and see who can throw their pumpkin the farthest.......oh, and consume insane amounts of beer. I wish that I had some of Carrie and John's photos to post....they had some gems. I highly recommend checking out the website (it even has a countdown until the first "chunk!") Here are some pictures that I "borrowed" from their website. If you haven't been to Punkin' Chunkin', you're missing out!!



Really?! A kid with a "Got Beer?" hat on???

1 comment:

Brian said...

Those are some of the greatest pictures I've ever seen!