Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Day in the Life.......

......of Bailey in the "kennel" is apparently not as bad as one might think. Tom and I had to put Bailey in the kennel last weekend when we went to Ashley & Tony's wedding. It was the first time we had to leave her. I found a place, Creative Dog Training in Homewood, that was actually open on Sunday so we could pick her up when we got back and it seemed to be pretty great. They take the dogs out for "play time" every day and depending on the package you buy, you can choose to have multiple play sessions.

Tom and I felt really bad about leaving her in the "kennel" for the weekend but felt okay with Creative Dog Training. All weekend, however, we continued to feel guilty about leaving her there, hoping that she wouldn't think we had abandoned her and often wondering what she was doing at any given moment.....picturing her just lying in some "cell" looking all sad and lonely.

Fastforward to Sunday afternoon when I go to pick her up. I am brimming with excitement and feeling semi-guilty for arriving 30 minutes after they opened. I pull up and the dogs are out for their "play time" in the doggy play area. I see her right away and her and this brown dog are wrestling/running/biting each other. By the time I get out of the car and walk in the door the two are side-by-side drinking water out of the bowl like they're BFF.
I tell them I'm there to pick up Bailey and the guy brings her out on her leash. She could CARE LESS that I was there to pick her up. She was soooooooooo excited to just be on her leash and going somewhere and have more than 1 person paying attention to her! Her tongue was hanging like a foot out of her mouth the whole ride home and she had dog snard ALL OVER her coat. From the looks of it, she was having so much fun that I actually felt bad picking her up when I did!

I was so impressed with Creative Dog Training, that I was looking on their website after we got home (while Bailey was sprawled out recovering from her exciting weekend at my feet) and I found their Daily Pictures page! They take pictures every day of all the dogs staying with them and then post them on the web! How cute! Bailey must have been on the run constantly because she's only in like 3 pictures out of 120....and there couldn't have been more than 15-20 dogs there.

No comments: