Saturday, April 04, 2009

Days like today are the reason I quit my second job.

Today was gorgeous. Sunny, breezy, and low-mid 70's. A perfect spring day to spend outside. A month ago I was still on the schedule at my second job for today. Last fall I started really dreading my weeks when I knew I had a 6 day work week. I also began to take on more responsibility with my primary job, including coming in on weekends just to get caught up. And obviously, my primary job takes priority. But I also hated missing social events and beautiful Saturdays and having to wake up earlier on Saturdays than I do during the week. I missed being able to have a lazy Saturday, run errands, or even clean and be productive around the apartment. And then we got Bailey and I hated not being able to hang out with her on Saturdays as well. My 2nd job was really great money, and only 1 Saturday a month, but to me, right now at least, I value my time over any money I would make. I resigned last month and don't have a single regret.


So because of my newfound freedom, I got to go enjoy UAB's Springfest and watch Tom and our friends engage in some fun intramural sports. And Bailey got to come too! They played kickball, dodgeball, and ultimate frisbee. And they won Kickball! See the absolutely ridiculous "trophy" below (that broke before the end of the afternoon!)

No comments: