Wednesday, June 03, 2009

May Goals Recap

May was a busy month! Between our busy social calender and my back hurting the most it has in over 5 years (causing me to see 2 orthopedists, miss 1 day of work, go through my 30 pills of muscle relaxants, and start PT again), I didn't have a whole lot of time leftover to focus on my goals! Here's the rundown.

May Goals
1. Stain the bedside table on Tom's side FAIL. Move to June "To Do" list.
2. Lose 5 pounds FAIL! Although amazingly I didn't gain any weight either. Which is kind of shocking considering I failed at #3 too!
3. Exercise at least 13 times FAIL. I was fairly on target until our beach trip and then when my back started hurting I could not stay in one position for longer than 5 minutes let alone exercise.
4. Take crap to Good Will PASS! This was done early in May. Yay, I love getting rid of stuff we don't need/use.
5. Submit proposal for conference (for work) PASS! I have to wait until September to find out if it got accepted.
6. Declutter my areas every other day Um, fail :( I tried, and did well for a little while. But as I look at the 4 piles of stuff on my desk as I'm typing this I would definitely have to say fail, fail, fail.

June Goals
1. Get my back completely better (which means doing my core stabilization exercises EVERY DAY)
2. What the heck.....stain Tom's bedside table
3. Mail in our Acuvue rebates
4. Increase our savings by 7.25%
5. Complete my Healthy Behaviors thing for work (It's the 6 week online "course" you can do to get $4 off your health premiums every paycheck. $4 x 26 paychecks....hey, that $104 is as good in my pocket as it is Children's.......especially since all I need to do is log in and click some check boxes)
6. Transition Bailey out of her crate at night (This might be a several month project!)

2 comments:

Erin McCoy said...

i love this whole 'goals' thing.. i may have to do that!

also if you end up with anymore crap for goodwill, keith and i are having a garage sale as a fundraiser for our adoption and are taking any and all donations! :)

Sara said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, girl! Hope your back feels better soon.

And, like the previous comment, I love the idea of posting your goals. ;)

Now GO STAIN THAT TABLE!