Sunday, June 26, 2011

Accidentaly Domestic Weekend

When Friday rolled around I had absolutely no plans of being productive, let alone domestic, this weekend. It's so much better to have nothing planned and accomplish a lot than the other way around. Here's a list of all of the domestic-type activities I did this weekend without even planning to :)


  • Did all of my laundry

  • Ironed enough clothes for the next 2 weeks

  • Made Mint Syrup...then proceeded to spill 3/4 of the mint syrup when I was trying to put some on my canteloupe this morning :(

  • Made Tomato Sauce (with tomato paste and water and sugar...because I was out of tomato sauce)

  • Made Taco Soup for the freezer

  • Made my own bread crumbs (Ummm, we were out and I needed some for the burgers. Besides, we had a few hot dog buns that needed to be used up).

  • Made burgers from scratch

  • Divided and froze the 6 pounds of ground beef we got from Costco (well, 4 pounds after the burgers and the taco soup)

  • Cleaned out my computer

  • Ground up 2 lbs worth of whole coffee beans in the blender (we got free coffee from Costco...wooo!)

Okay, I think that's it! It doesn't sound like much now that I listed it all out....but now all I have to do is sit back and relax for the rest of the evening (and "supervise" Tom while he grills our burgers).

2 comments:

Brian said...

Impressive! I'm gonna go on record here and say that Tom needs no supervision at the grill...Just sayin'.

ALB said...

And by "supervise" I mean stand around and sip a beverage while Tom mans the grill ;) I guess I should have clarified...