Saturday, June 25, 2011

Today's Mission: Back That Computer Up!

My computer (as of a few weeks ago) is officially 8 years old. It's been a good computer but lately it likes to make so much noise that it sounds like it might just take off at any given moment. I really have no complaints about it, but I need to get everything and anything important off of it (you know, like my illegally obtained free version of Snood) and backed up on one of our hard drives just in case.

My computer has been through a lot. The Love Virus of 2004/5, a few RAM boosts thanks to Tom, and multiple moves (8, to be exact). I'm in a race against time to make sure everything is saved, then all I have to do is sit back and enjoy however much time I have left with good ol' Compy. Who knows, by cleaning him out I may get a few more years out of him!

3 comments:

Chi-town Southerner said...

I hear ya! I had my last Mac for almost 8 years. The hand-me-down Mac I'm on now is nearly 6. My boyfriend offered to treat me to a new one, but why not stick with my old friend as long as possible.

Dad said...

Don't worry, if your computer dies you can always use your first college computer (a Gateway) that was handed down to Matt for college and he abused it (it now has to be turned on with a screwdriver) but your dear old Dad is still using for e-mail!

ALB said...

Chi-town - as long as you don't have to turn it on with a screwdriver, I say keep it as long as it works ;)

Dad - I wonder where I got my frugal side from? You're still using a computer you bought me in 1998 :)