Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

We've had a busy/fun/holiday filled past few days. Last Thursday night we went to Glascott's, a bar near work because they were having a huge Toys for Tots drive (with free drinks if you brought a $20 toy). Everyone from work goes every year because my co-worker's husband has always been in charge of organizing it, but this year was extra special because it doubled as a Going Away party for our co-worker Neal, who is leaving Children's (sad). It was packed to the brim, so much that I began to have claustrophobia and I wondered how on earth I ever liked to go out when places were so packed. Regardless of my personal space issues, it was a good time, complete with a little person who dressed up as an elf and threw candy to everyone from atop the bar.
Saturday night our friend Jess had a Tree Decorating party at her house. She said she got "inspiration" from my holiday party. Whatever, she took my "idea" of labeling things and, as Tom said, made it a million times better! (I had 2 things labeled "Wine" and "Beer is outside.") Jess even had little drink recipes printed out and placed on the bar!! Too cute! We had a great time and enjoyed hanging out with people we've met through Jess.
Here is our attempt at a "family photo," except Miss Bailey seemed to be more interested in sniffing my boots than smiling for the camera.
Today I spent the afternoon baking for Tom's lab (more on that later) and filling out Christmas cards. Next year we are definitely just snapping a photo and stuffing it in the envelope...way easier!

No comments: