Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mississippi

So I can officially check Mississippi off of my states that I've been to. Although I do have to say, for anyone who has never been there, you're not missing anything. My cousin Todd's wedding was this weekend back at home. Unfortunately Tom and I couldn't make it :( So as soon as Children's found out that I was going to be around, I was "strongly encouraged" to attend a bracing workshop in Oxford, Mississippi. It wasn't all bad, and I learned a lot at the workshop, but Ole Miss is missing something.

For people who live in Alabama, the joke about Alabama and Mississippi is that if it weren't for Mississippi, Alabama would be the worst state to live in (haha, it's not as bad as it seems). The only "hick" thing that I saw was this beat up old black school bus on the side of the road that had an air conditioner sticking out one of the windows....so I'm guessing someone lives there???
Anyways I got back last night and had to go to bed almost immediately because our first Team in Training long run started this morning (see website for more info on how that went). http://www.active.com/donate/tntagc/awesomeanne

I feel like I was going to tell you all something else but I can't remember. Notice I said "you all" and I did NOT say "y'all." Although I find myself saying "you all" instead of "you guys" so I'm wondering if "y'all" is not far behind. Hopefully not.

Happy middle of September :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The y'all does come pretty quickly. Even when you try and stop it. I still squeeze my you guys in there every once in awhile but it's becoming less and less. Glad the trip and running went well.