Thursday, September 28, 2006

Twice in one week!

Look at me! I'm blogging twice in the same week! This week has been going pretty well....pretty quick which is good. We're down 2 people at work and amazingly it hasn't been ridiculously busy so that has been awesome. (fingers crossed!). I've actually been hanging out with a couple of people from work and meeting new people, so that's been nice. One of the girls I actually used to work with in Philadelphia is now in Birmingham and is going to start working weekends at Children's Hospital....that's kinda random. And yesterday I went to happy hour with an OT that I work with and we went to this really super cute area of Birmingham that I never knew existed! I was so excited! It reminded me of Philadelphia. There were a bunch of cute little restaurants and bars and a lot of outside seating. Which is perfect for this time of year because it's finally started to cool off (again) and it's perfect weather to just sit outside and enjoy some drinks and food. So we're definitely going to have to explore that area a little more.

I've also been making an effort to cook more (if you don't know me too well, the extent of my cooking is hamburger helper or Lipton pasta sides with some chicken). I made baked ziti the other night and it was really yummy. I'm also big on quick and easy recipes that makes enough food for us to have leftovers for lunch. I found this really good sounding broccoli and cheese (and ham) casserole that I'm going to try to make tonight. I also organized all of my recipes last weekend. All of the ones that people gave us for the shower and also some random ones that I had written on scraps of paper. So if you have any super easy yummy casserole recipes, send them my way (alb245@yahoo.com) :)

This weekend should be pretty low key for us....which will be nice. We really need to clean....do some fall cleaning. I think we're going to make Jackie's pepperoni dip again for our tailgate snack for the PSU game on Saturday. It was so good and we can't stop thinking about it! Ok this blog is getting long, you probably stopped reading somewhere in the middle of the second paragraph.

Happy Birthday to all of the late September birthday kids......John, Carrie, Dad, Kathleen, & Dorothy....and anyone else I forgot!

No comments: