Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Painting

So Saturday night Tom and I were sitting in our living room, hanging up Christmas lights, and something just didn't look right. We decided we had too much "white" in our apartment. I suggested the idea of painting one wall and having an "accent wall".......half joking/half serious. The more we thought about it.......the more we liked the idea. So Sunday morning (after my 17 mile run!) we went to Lowe's, got some paint, and came home to paint our accent wall :) We needed the color to be something dark and bold to get the full effect of the accent wall, and we have a lot of tan and brown in our living room so we opted for dark brown. We LOVE it! I think it turned out so well because we painted the wall that has our doors to our balcony on it, so the accent wall is accented nicely by the white doors :) There are a few pics below.

Me painting


The finished product :)



So yeah I ran 17 miles on Sunday! It was hard, but not too bad. My legs hurt more than anything else. I think that has something to do with the fact that my current running shoes have over 400 miles on them since April....TIME FOR NEW SHOES! My team in training coach was actually surprised that I haven't injured myself yet running in my shoes because they were so worn down on the inside. So I have new shoes now so hopefully I'll be as good as new on my 15 mile run this weekend. I've also almost reached my fundraising goal!! Thanks to EVERYONE who has donated! I think I have like 20 more dollars to raise to meet my goal ($2800). Unfortunately, I have one more person that I would like to run in memory/honor of. Tom's nephew Michael's good friend, Nick, just passed away from lymphoma. I think he was only 20 or 21. Hopefully he passed peacefully and painlessly. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: