Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gala

I'm such a bad blogger...no posts in over a week! People are going to stop reading because I don't update enough (or at least that's what Tom says ;).....j/k). Anyways, I've been keeping really busy, work, run, eat, sleep, sometimes run, work, eat sleep.......but my days have been consisting of some variant of that schedule. We ran 11 miles last week for our long run....we do 13 again this week. I also think that I'm going to run the Mercedes Half Marathon here in Birmingham. My full marathon will be in Disney on Jan. 7 and the Mercedes isn't until Feb. 17 or something like that. It'll give me an excuse to keep running but I'll have enough recovery time in between the two events. Plus I know a lot of people who are running the half so it should be pretty fun :)

And now for more exciting news. Every year Children's Hospital has this really fancy Gala that they put on and each year the Gala benefits something different with the money that is raised. There is dinner, a live band, a silent auction (I've never been anywhere with a silent auction before!). This year it benefits surgery at Children's I think. Anyways here is the best part. Tickets sell for $125 PER PERSON but Tom and I get to go FOR FREE :D One of the PT's husband's company buys enough tickets for a table every year and then donates the tickets to the PT/OT department. On Tuesday she still had 3 extra tickets so Tom and I get to go! It's Friday night at The Sheraton downtown. We can't wait! Maybe I'll bid $5 on something at the silent auction just to say I bid on something at a silent auction! (Apparently last year a dinner for 10 made by a chef at your house went for $1800.....some doctor's wife bid on it and won).

Unfortunately, my camera broke so I'm not sure if we will have pictures of the event. Seeing as how I'm photo-obsessed I'll probably buy a disposable before we go. Maybe Santa will bring me a new camera for Christmas......or Black Friday ;)

Go State....Beat The Owls!

P.S./Head's up: Next year PSU plays Temple IN Philly. We are definitely going up for the game and making a weekend out of it.....two of our favorite things in the world in one place....Penn State and Philly :) Now if only the Eagles play at home that Sunday...........

No comments: