Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekly ramblings

I can't believe Penn State's football season is over! Except for their New Year's Day bowl game in Orlando, of course :) Too bad Tom and I don't have a lot of money and I don't have a lot of paid-time off at work or we would go to the PSU game in Orlando Jan 1 and stay there for the week for my marathon on Jan 7! Oh well. Next year hopefully we'll go to a BCS game and then we'll go to that :)

I ran 15 miles yesterday with Team in Training! I actually ran the last 2 miles by myself because yesterday I happened to be the only one there training for Disney (everyone else was training for Mercedes which is a month later) so they were only doing 13 and our Team in Training coach ran an ultra-marathon (40 miles!) on Saturday so he only did 13. And I think he was ready to stop after 7 but the rest of us were afraid we were going to get lost on the 13 mile course because I had only done it twice and everyone else had only done it once. Anyways, 15 miles was a pretty big accomplishment...but we do 17 next week!!

So we don't have a dog yet ;) IF we get one it probably won't be until the spring or summer anyways. We'll see. The chinchillas are doing well. I think they're getting fat. We let them out to play last night...we let them run around in the one bathroom and close the door so they can't get out. They like to think that they are participating in the X games or something because they always like side-jump off of the walls and stuff. It's cute. They also like to hide in things that we put in their cage....Tom will use cardboard and make a little house for them. Here's a pic of Chimu who decided he wanted a window in their house so he chewed through the cardboard. They are so cute but such brats sometimes :)

No comments: