Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lazy Sunday afternoon ramblings

Mmmmm, I just made manicotti! I don't know if it's any good yet......because it's still cooking in the oven...I'll keep you posted! I actually made 2 and froze one so we'll have something easy and yummy to eat during the week. That's my latest kick....cook a big meal Sunday evening, make double and freeze half for later on in the week since neither of us ever feel like cooking after going to work and the gym/running.

Tom ran 9 miles with me this morning! I'm so proud of him. He's getting into shape pretty quickly for the Mercedes half-marathon which is less than 3 weeks away!

Let's see, what else is new......I just finished the book "I know this much is true" by Wally Lamb. Excellent. I read "She's come undone" a few years ago and loved that one too. I liked the recent one the best. His books are soooooooooo long though it takes me forever to get through them. But if you have some time or like to read I highly recommend it.

I'm going for orientation tomorrow.........I'm going to be working some per diem on weekends at a local hospital down here. It'll be rehab, which I like, but it will be adults, which I don't like.......just kidding. It should be a nice break from Children's and hopefully I'll learn a lot too in regards to rehab. I probably won't do it forever, but I figure not much goes on Saturdays from January-March b/c there is no football and the weather is usually crappy. I'm actually signed up to work through June...I'll probably stay with it for at least a year or so since there is no monthly minimum working requirement. I can sacrifice one weekend a month this summer and fall I guess ;)

Ok, manicotti is almost ready......and there is football to be watched (not the Eagles though *sigh* I'm getting used to this...unfortunately).

No comments: