Monday, January 29, 2007

Excuses

I apologize...it's been over a week since my last blog! Saturday was my first day at my new per diem job at Brookwood Hospital. Let's just say there is a reason why I choose not to work with adults full time. But whatever, it's a nice paycheck, it's like twice a month, and if anything, it makes me appreciate my job at Children's even more!

Tom and I were supposed to run 11 miles yesterday morning. We only did 7. Tom was sick all last week and only ran once and I guess my excuse was that I worked 6 days last week....and that I had pizza for Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner (we ordered out Friday night!) Considering we were toying with the idea of turning the car around and going back to bed on our way there, I'd say it's pretty impressive that we even did 7!

This week should be a general repeat of last week, work M-F, work Saturday, run 7 miles Sunday morning! The Mercedes 1/2 marathon is only 2 weeks away! I'm a little nervous b/c it's supposed to be pretty hilly. Miles 2-4 are on a gradual incline and miles 9-10 are up hill as well. I would like to do the Nashville 1/2 marathon in April, but I think it's gonna end up costing more money than what it's worth with travel, hotel, etc. To be honest I'd rather spend that money and go to the beach this summer than spend it to go run a half-marathon ;) If only I could find a half-marathon on the alabama gulf coast.........

No comments: