Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mercedes Half-Marathon

We did it! Sooo much fun! I'm so proud of Tom for running his first half-marathon (13.1 miles)! And the Mercedes half is supposed to be a pretty difficult course! We had two nasty hills to run up....thankfully my 6 months of training on Sunday mornings helped prepare me for those hills! Our overall time was 2 hours and 16 minutes. Not too shabby considering it was Tom's first half and I was sick all of last week! We are pretty excited about it! The post-race party was pretty fun too. Free Jim 'N Nick's lunch and free beer :) I got a free massage too....although it was not that great and considering I stood in line 20 minutes for a 2 minute massage...not worth it at all! Hopefully we'll get our race pictures up soon. We really want to make this an annual event. I think I'm going to stick to half-marathons from now on. Not too challenging and a lot of fun! Here are a couple pics of us after the race!


Me and Tommy right after the finish line!





Drinking our beers at the post-race party :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah you guys. Sorry I didn't make it out but tom said you guys were about to leave. I'll plan better next time.