Sunday, September 09, 2007

Birmingham Artwalk and Food

Friday night we went downtown to the Birmingham Artwalk with some friends. It was pretty cool. We had a good time and it was sooo nice to be able (and want) to walk around downtown Birmingham. A bunch of art galleries in a 6-7 block radius opened up their doors to display their art. Some had free wine and snacks too (yay). They had live music at a couple of different places and there were tons of people. *sigh* someday every weekend in birmingham will be like that. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) we'll be long gone by the time that happens. Anyways it was a pretty cool way to start the weekend.



I also cooked a lot this weekend so I wanted to blog about that. Saturday morning I made this pumpkin spice coffee cake. The recipe was for this sour cream coffee cake and I just added pumpkin pie spice to give it a little fall flavor. Definitely VERY yummy........but I still like my mom's better (Dad, if you're reading this can you have her email me the recipe?) I took some pictures of it but it tasted waaaaaaaaaaay better than it looked so I decided against posting any :) I made ranch oyster crackers too, which I had forgotten about. Yum. And last but not least for our "tailgating food" of the day I made pepperoni rolls. Double yum! They basically tasted like my calzones but just skinnier. Super good though when combined with ranch dressing, beer, and Penn State beating Notre Dame!


No comments: